The Moveee is a new creative culture magazine spotlighting and publishing visual, performance, and literary art from people of colour around the globe. Our focus has been on the celebration of stories, insights and ideas from both emerging and established creative figures.
To continue on our quest to become a hub for the best of Black creative expressions, we are now accepting submissions to the literature section in the online and print (on-demand) editions of The Moveee.
We are looking to publish stories that explore the various facets of the contemporary human experience. We want to read stories about faith, death, legacy, wealth, mental health, love, parenting, career, social policy, and beyond. You can already see how wide we’re willing to explore? All we seek are well-written stories that speak to the daily realities of the contemporary human and help us see ourselves individually and collectively.
The submission is open to Black/POC writers with a story to tell across all genres — fiction, personal essays & memoirs, think pieces, poetry, and reviews.
Please send your stories and poems for consideration. All accepted works will be published online from August 2022, and select works will be published in Issue 1 (September 2022) of the on-demand print edition of The Moveee.
- For your work to be considered for publication, it must be thoroughly edited to be free from typographical and grammatical errors. We assume that the work you are submitting is ready for publication.
- Only previously unpublished works would be considered for publication.
- Regardless of the genre, your work should be no more than 3,000 words.
- Each poetry piece will be published individually, so do not submit two poems at once.
- Submit your work by emailing email@example.com. The email subject should have the prefix Literature Submission.
- Entries should be submitted as an email attachment. In the body of your email, add a short bio of no more than 50 words written in 3rd person and a cover letter describing the genre and other relevant information about your entry. Include a photograph of yourself as an extra attachment to your email submission.
- We will usually acknowledge your submission within three days, but that does not equate to accepting your piece. It takes longer to decide, and we will eventually get back to you.
- Deadline for submissions is 24th of July
- Unfortunately, we are unable to pay contributors at the moment, but we are working earnestly to be able to do so in the future.
- Due to the cost of printing and logistics, we won’t be able to provide contributor copies. The print edition of Issue 1 will however be available on-demand via Amazon.